ASR COA History
Please note: All images here are older drafts of various
proposal(s). Take any images you desire with that understanding.
Everything here has been kept to document the process that took place
and is presented in (roughly) chronological order:
- the original draft of the coat of arms
- individual usage of the coat of arms could see:
such as "...between spread O'Reilly or
and morningstar of the first..."
- dexter chief, an area of expertise
- sinister base, the LART of choice
- blazon then modified to "between DC and SB, a wavy etherkiller..."
- an alternate COA with a lightning bolt-like
- an alternate COA with a celtic knot,
sent to me by Tomi Sarvela.
- riband added to the NA variant of Andreas'
heater shield at his request
- original head sketch
- overly-ornate sketch
- first-draft illustration of that sketch
- hidden-head supporter colour illustration
- hidden-head supporter with embattled bend
- Flag images on file:
Etherkiller flag (NA),
Etherkiller flag (CA),
Etherkiller flag (NO)
- The following blazon for the ornate sketch is a work in progress and
has been put on this page because I lose paper a lot.
Azure, upon a bend sinister argent a wavy etherkiller sable;
[ wrapped about the base [ an escroll | a riband ], inscribed in text-letters of the last,
| in [ the riband | an escroll ] entwined with the shield base, this motto of the last, ]
Non ex transverso sed deorsum.
[ From behind | Behind the shield ]
a chained [ or | argent ]
devil sejant gardant gules [ grasping | clutching ]
[ the shield | it | NULL ]
the chain reflexed over the back and passing between the legs with the
terminal embedded in the compartment, a monastery wall [ sable? ],
the tail [ entwined | wrapped ] about ( the riband's dexter side, ) ?
capped with a barb.
- I've attempted to document the original history on the main page.
- I've finally squeezed in some time to create the illustrated riband I
wanted with smoother flowing text. I'm much happier with the results in
both versions of the COA.
- I've created the EU standard at Andreas' request and, for the sake of
completeness, standards for all other variants as well. His look much
better in this form.
- I won't be applying any foreseeable changes; the idea to include a
supporter is pretty much out of my league for illustrative works and it
also seemed to be too out of proportion with respect to the shield.
- Minor rewrite of history (Look! I'm being Orwellian!); removed dynamic
page dater (like it's going to change anymore); added a link to Lady Kayla
D. Joseph Creighton