GRANTS AWARDED AT UNIVERSITY OF MANITOBA
- NSERC Strategic Project: "Applications of sensor networks in
healthcare and environmental monitoring", (J. Miic PI with Co-I
s X. S. Shen, D. Zhao and H. DeBruin), grant period 2008-2010. Year 1-C$177,500,
Year 2 - C$204,000 Year 3 - C$171,500.
- AUTO21 Network of Centres of Excellence project: "Vehicular
Telematics over WiFi and WiMax Multihop Networks" (Co-I responsible for
security issues in vehicle to vehicle networks). (CO-I together with PI V.
Leung, and Co-I-s W. Wong, G. Chow, O. Yang, E. Hossain, B. McLeod), amount
awarded C$250,000 per year in period 2008-2009.
- Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI) New Opportunities grant: "Wireless
Sensor Network Laboratory", J.Miic (PI) together with Co-I-s V.B.Misic,
Y.Liu and K. Leung, , duration of award 2005-2009, total amount awarded C$232,541
- NSERC Individual Discovery Grant: "Building wireless sensor
networks", J. Miic (PI), . From 2004-2009, C$27,000 per year.
- URGP (University of Manitoba): "Performance of TCP connections
over large Bluetooth scatternets", J. Miic (PI), from 1-Jan-2004
to 31-Dec-2004, C$7,500
- Start-up grant 2003, C$35,000.