COMP 3170 - Analysis of Algorithms and Data Structures
Comp 7720 - Advanced Topics in Algorithms - Online Algorithms
I am an assistant professor in Department of Computer Science
. I am a part of GADA
Before joining University of Manitoba, I was a postdoctttoral associate as well as an NSERC
postdoctoreal fellow at the CSAIL
lab in MIT
My adviser was Dr. Charles Leiserson
, and I was a member of Supertech
group in CSAIL.
I completed my PhD in Algorithm & Complexity Group
in Cheriton School of Computer Science
at University of Waterloo
in Summer 2014.
I completed my Masters and B.Sc. degrees at Concordia University
and University of Tehran
I have a broad interest in design, analysis and limitations of algorithms.
I am particularly interested in online problems such as bin packing, list update, and k-Server.
My research also spans big-data applications of algorithms in text compression, graph partitioning, and resource allocation in cloud.
See GADA lab webpage
for more details.
News: the 30th Canadian Conference on Computation Geometry (CCCG) will be hosted by GADA lab at Univesity of Manitoba. Details will be followed
- Canadian Conference on Computational Geometry (CCCG), 2018 (co-chair).
- World Wide Web PhD Symposium, 2018.
- Iranian Conference on Computational Geometry (ICCG), 2018.
- World Wide Web (WWW) PhD Symposium, 2017.
- International Conference on Soft Computing and its Engineering (IcSoftComp)
- The 25th Canadian Conference on Computational Geometry, CCCG 2013
- Conference on Space Efficient Data Structures, Streams and Algorithms, IanFest 20013
- Workshop on Leadership Skills for Engineering and Science Faculty (audited), MIT Professional Education (offered by Charles E. Leiserson and Chuck McVinnay), June 2016.
- Postdoc Leadership Workshop, MIT Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, January 2016.
- A related article about this workshop at MIT News.
- Text Interview: Creating postdoc connections: The Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer
Science pilots new ways to build leadership and teamwork skills for its postdocs, MIT News