COMP 3170 - Analysis of
COMP 2140 - Data Structures
Comp 7720 - Advanced Topics in Algorithms - Online
I am an assistant professor in Department of Computer Science
. I am a
part of GADA
Before joining University of Manitoba, I was a postdoctttoral
associate as well as an NSERC
postdoctoreal fellow at the CSAIL
lab in MIT
. My adviser was Dr. Charles Leiserson
and I was a member of Supertech
group in CSAIL.
I completed my PhD in Algorithm
& Complexity Group
in Cheriton School of Computer
at University of
in Summer 2014. I completed my Masters and B.Sc.
degrees at Concordia University
and University of Tehran
I have a broad interest in design, analysis and limitations of
I am particularly interested in online problems such as bin
packing, list update, and k-Server.
My research also spans big-data applications of algorithms in
text compression, graph partitioning, and resource allocation in
See GADA lab webpage
for more details.
- Canadian Conference on Computational Geometry (CCCG), 2018
- World Wide Web PhD Symposium, 2018.
- Iranian Conference on Computational Geometry (ICCG), 2018.
- World Wide Web (WWW)
- International Conference on Soft Computing and its
- The 25th Canadian Conference on Computational Geometry, CCCG
- Conference on Space Efficient Data Structures, Streams and
- Summer 2015: two sections of the course "CS240: Data
Structures and Data Management", University of Waterloo.
- Winter 2014: "CS240: Data Structures and Data Management",
University of Waterloo.
- Teaching Dossier
- Workshop on Leadership Skills for Engineering and Science
Faculty (audited), MIT
Professional Education (offered by Charles E. Leiserson
McVinnay), June 2016.
- Postdoc Leadership Workshop, MIT Department of Electrical
Engineering and Computer Science, January 2016.
- A related article
about this workshop at MIT News.
- Text Interview: Creating
postdoc connections: The Department of Electrical
Engineering and Computer Science pilots new ways to build
leadership and teamwork skills for its postdocs, MIT News