- Maryam Ayat, Ph.D., December 2018. 'Sparse Bayesian learning for predicting phenotypes and identifying influential markers'
- Rasif Ajwad, M.Sc., September 2017. 'Identification of significantly mutated subnetworks in the breast cancer genome'. Co-supervised with Pingzhao Hu.
- Md Safiur Rahman Mahdi, M.Sc., August 2015. 'Identifying conserved microRNAs in a large dataset of wheat small RNAs'.
- Abiel Roche Lima, Ph.D., February 2015. 'Pairwise Rational Kernels Applied to Metabolic Network
Predictions'. Co-supervised with Brian Fristensky.
- Andrew Sinclair, M.Sc., December 2014. 'A Tile Assembly Model With Hexagon Shaped Tiles'.
- Sharif Mamun, M.Sc., November 2013. 'Predicting Intron Locations in Non-Model Organism Expressed Sequence Tags (ESTs)
Using Comparative Homology with Divergent Model Organism Genomes'. Co-supervised with Barb Sharanowski.
- Maryam Ayat, M.Sc., February 2013. 'Computational Prediction of Transposon Insertion Sites'.
- Franklin Bristow, M.Sc., September 2012. 'De novo assembly of viral quasispecies'. Co-supervised with Gary van
Domselaar (National Microbiology Lab)
- Ryan Zier-Vogel, M.Sc., August 2012. 'Predicting RNA Secondary Structure Using A Stochastic Conjunctive Grammar'
mdomarat a@t cs d.ot umanitoba d.ot ca